'Tis the Season to be thankful and giving back!

Macy's New York

Christmas and the Holidays are the ultimate time of the year to reflect everything you did these last 12 months and to look forward and think of what will happen next year.
Moreover, is this season about thinking, giving and being thankful of what you have and already reached in life.

I am really thankful to have a (big) family that is always supporting me while working on making my dreams come true and even more I am really thankful for my boyfriend who is always supporting me just the same. I am so happy and thankful for their love and understanding and hope that I am giving back just the same!

As the Holidays are also a time of giving I want to introduce one of my favorite brands with a message to you. I think you know Toms, right? But do you also know the message that stands behind it?


Toms Shoes was found by American Blake Mycoskie in 2006 after being in Argentina and realizing that too many children grew up without shoes. He was literally shocked and thought about inventing a shoe brand that sells simple, yet beautiful shoes. But that was not the only thing. The biggest plan that stands behind it, is purchasing one pair for yourself and the other goes to a child in need!
But why is it so important for children to wear shoes? Take a look at Toms homepage:

Why Shoes?


Many children in developing countries grow up barefoot. Whether at play, doing chores or going to school, these children are at risk:
•A leading cause of disease in developing countries is soil-transmitted diseases, which can penetrate the skin through bare feet. Wearing shoes can help prevent these diseases, and the long-term physical and cognitive harm they cause.
•Wearing shoes also prevents feet from getting cuts and sores. Not only are these injuries painful, they also are dangerous when wounds become infected.
•Many times children can't attend school barefoot because shoes are a required part of their uniform. If they don't have shoes, they don't go to school. If they don't receive an education, they don't have the opportunity to realize their potential.
-taken from Toms Shoes homepage

What a wonderful idea and the shoes are really beautiful :)!

My little fav list of Toms

My personal love story with Toms started in August 2009.
I was a 20-year-old girl that just entered the New World (namely USA) to care as an Au Pair for two children in the suburban area of Washington DC. 
It was while my little girl had dance lessons and I hopped into Whole Foods to get something to drink. I entered the shop and there they were! Caught my eye right away! Bright and beautiful! I fell in love immediately! And then this beautiful and heart-warming message!
As I am very extraordinary when it comes to clothes and shoes I went for the glitter gold ones. It was love at first sight and we are still in love <3! That they just last one summer long and that I already wear my third pair of glitter gold Toms, doesn't matter! The knot is tied way too hard!
The next summer will be hard, though. My third pair is worn out, but the glitter gold Toms are sold out! Arrghhhh, how could that happen?  
Even a friend who was in NYC this summer didn't find them :'-(!
So, I guess it must be DIY this time! Buying the white Toms above and some gold glitter. I think I have no other choice! Hope they're going to be as beautiful!
My boyfriend already calls me crazy, but you know, the bond between me and Toms is way too thick and I will buy one pair of Toms every season!

Here are some of those special moments with me and my Toms 

My two best Au Pair friends, me and Toms on Independence Day in Washington DC, 2010

A friend and art history soulmate, me and Toms in Barcelona, 2011

Me and Toms in Istanbul, 2012

What are you thankful for this year? :)

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts